Sunday, February 28, 2010

Filled with the Holy Spirit! part II

Like I was saying earlier...one of the best weekends of my life....

I attended a 72 hour BURN Event at the Harrisburg Life Center (see http://www.lcmi.org/).  I wasn't there for the whole 72 hours, I attended about 12 hours of the event and was electrified.  I can't even imagine how I would feel if I would have been there the whole 72 hours. 

Billy and I decided to go on Friday afternoon.  He sent me an email from work on Friday afternoon and said "So, what do you want to do?" and testing my new found boldness in our relationship said "We will be leaving for the Life Center as soon as you get home, will be staying at my sister's for the evening and going back to the Life Center on Saturday.  How's that for direct?"  He responded with "I like it." and then a bit later on "You may be pushing it."  I laughed!

So we left on our journey around 4 not know what God had in store for us, but saying the set aside prayer the whole way.  God, help me to set aside everything I think I know, for an open mind and a new experience.

Let me tell you, was it EVER a new experience!  The hand of God touched my soul and I am forever changed.  I experienced prayer and worship unlike any before.  The music was fantastic, the speakers were true messengers from God, and the young generation electrified me in the Christian Mosh Pit (well that's what it was like anyway). 

I also met a man by the name of Mahesh Chavda ( http://www.maheshchavda.com/ ), and if you ever have the chance to hear him speak, don't miss out.  Mahesh called my name in the middle of his healing session, and being tested, I froze.  I was devestated when I left on Friday, but when I returned on Saturday I was able to speak to him in private and he prayed for my family. for my brother in prison, for my children and I felt at one with the Holy Spirit.  It was amazing!  Thank you honey for encouraging me to go up to him, and I'm sorry you didn't grow a new tooth...you too Mike, we will keep praying.  :-)

So, I am encouraging everyone to open their hearts for the Holy Spirit to enter.  The joy I feel is beyond words and if I can bring back a fraction of that to my friends, family, congregation, neighbors and strangers in the name of Jesus Christ, then I feel it was worth more than I could have ever comprehended.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds amazing...how wonderful for both you and Billy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this gave me chills and really moved me!! Sounds like this was the most awesome experience for you. I am so happy for you and your newfound direction, and the new joy that you are beginning to experience in your life. Thank you for sharing. Love you! XO

    ReplyDelete