Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Healing Broken Hearts

Where do you find your comfort when your heart is breaking?  Who do you go to when you are afraid, lonely, hurting and wanting to just curl up in a ball, cry your eyes out and dissolve into the sofa?

My friends, I am hurting today.  My comfort lies in knowing that God is working a wonderful plan for me, my family, my friends, and yes even my enemies.  Does that mean it hurts less?  Just a little.  I need to pour it out though in order for it to hurt even less.  I need to turn it over...give it to God, and release the pain.  How do I do that?  Watch, read, and listen to your own heart.  Hear it goes.

Dear Lord Jesus....I am in so much pain longing for my brother and the agony of being separated from him.  My eyes are full of tears, and my heart feels as if it may explode with grief.  How can I feel gratitude and this pain at the same time?  Gratitude for the relationship I have with him today, and the pain and torture I feel for all the years that have been lost.  The pain and anger I feel for the distance between him and our family.  That we cannot just pick up and go see him on the weekend, or anytime we feel like it.  That our hugs consist of "I love you's" over the phone.  The sense of urgency I feel when the woman says "you have 1 minute".  How my heart falls to my stomach and it feels like he's being ripped from us again.  Lord Jesus...I do have faith that you have a plan for him and for my family.  That you will use him and us for Your glory.  That the rewards for our suffering will be beyond anything we could possibly imagine.  That by feeling this pain and releasing it to you, that it will disappear.  Lord Jesus, God all powerful and merciful, surround my family with comfort that You will provide Your perfect peace to us.  Take away our fears and our pain that we may bask in Your sunlight and Your Glory!  Thank you Lord All Mighty.  Thank you for EVERYTHING.  Amen.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful, wonderful, and perfect prayer. I miss him every day and get so sad thinking about the "lost time." But as your prayer exhibits, the Lord has a wonderful plan that we can't even imagine where it will lead. I am praying with you sister...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely beautiful Christina....you have a shimmering soul. And maybe now that you have released your pain to Him, you can move forward rejoicing and trusting in His goodness and in the wonderful blessing that he has bestowed upon all of you; allowing you to all be together again that much sooner with your sweet brother. Loving and praying for all of you!

    ReplyDelete