Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Precious Cargo

My daughter Chelsea texted me today that she got a new job working at Lowe's and was so excited.  She was on her way to her other job at Toys R Us, and I texted her back saying to be careful that she is precious cargo and she needs to treat herself that way.  After I sent the text, I thought about it and how profound that statement is. 

Our bodies are but vessels for the Holy Spirit, God to communicate to others.  I look for burning bushes, I look for the waters to part, I look for the worst of the worst afflictions to be miraculously healed, but I forget to look in my sisters, brothers, mothers, fathers, husbands, childrens, friends, neighbors, strangers eyes and see that God is residing right there.  Close enough for me to reach out and touch Him. 

I know this is not a secret to some, but sometimes I get this God smack right up alongside my head that says "Dah Tina, WAKE UP!!  You can hear my voice through everyone and everything.  You can see my miracles in all things.  I am working my miracles in every movement on the earth.  I have a plan, and you are on a need to know basis.  When you need to know, you will knowFor now, I've got this.  Stop messing around with it."

How simple.  How wonderful.  How incredibly hard to remember.  No wonder he gives us one day at a time.  Each day I hit the reset button and try again, knowing that somewhere along the way, I'm going to screw things up again, but grateful for the opportunity to change it tomorrow and if I'm lucky, before I hit the pillow that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment